Delicious starter and very easy to make.
- Vegetable oil half cup for frying
- Olive Oil 2 tbsp
- 1 medium sized onion chopped
- Orange sweet potato cut into strips
- Purple sweet potato cut into strips
- Spring roll pastry 8 sheets
- Yellow curry paste 1/2 tbsp
- Pastry glue- 2 tbsp plain flour mixed in with 6 tbsp water
Let the pastry sheet come to room temperature and then lay them flat on a damp cloth.
Meanwhile turn on the grill and grill the sweet potato cut into 1cm thick strips.
Fry the onions in olive oil for 2-3minutes. Add in the curry paste and fry for another 2 minutes. Now stir in the grilled potatoes and fry for a few minutes.
Put some filling on one side of the pastry sheet and turn in in on the top and bottom now roll into a spring roll shape keeping all the filling flat and in place. Use some of the pastry glue for sticking the last part of the sheet and wherever needed.
Heat up some oil in a big pan. I used a wok for frying! Keep the heat on medium. Frying only takes a minute or less so keep an eye on them while frying! Lay them on a kitchen towel to get rid of excess oil.
They are ready to eat now 😀
Serve with lime and Sriracha sauce.